Saturday, August 4, 2012

Shaq Attack

Shaq slams it down with authority
by Eduardo Vela
It's time to take blogging a little more serious.  I'll start with my very latest piece.

This Shaquille O'neal Art Card is the latest in a series designed for sports fans. I've switched to sports art exclusively as I love creating art for passionate people, and there aren't too many more passionate than sports fans.

 In this work, I depict Shaq, emphatically, slamming down one of his patented dunks. The style I use came, as it often does, by accident. I couldn't quite get a feel for what direction I wanted the piece to go so I went in all directions at once. The result is a wild and frenetic style I've never seen out of myself before, which is one of the reasons I really love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment